Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ko_12345
Returning Member

How can I upload my 2022 return after upload failed a first time because the document was password protected?

(I have removed password protection but the website had moved onto the "Hi, let's keep working on your taxes!" screen asking me to input all of my data. It wants to charge me an additional fee to upload documents.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

How can I upload my 2022 return after upload failed a first time because the document was password protected?

See this TurboTax support FAQ for transferring a 2022 tax data file to the 2023 online tax return - https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/import-export-data-files/transfer-last-y...

ko_12345
Returning Member

Thanks for your reply but unfortunately the link doesn't address my situation. I removed password protection and cannot go back to the upload screen.

You do no upload the tax data file, it must be transferred to the 2023 online tax return when the tax return is first started using the online editions.

From the 2023 online edition after starting a 2023 tax return-

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen

Click on Tools

Click on Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your computer

ko_12345
Returning Member

Thank you, I found the upload form with that info.

Unfortunately, I'm still getting the error message "The selected file is NOT a previous year tax file or it is corrupted. Choose a different file and try again." I am trying to upload a pdf of my 1040 since I do did not use Turbotax last year.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies