turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I restart my twxes

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

Have you already efiled?     Or just need to start over before filing?

If you have already efiled, have your returns been accepted, or are they still "pending?"

You appear to be using Live Basic which is $50 (typo corrected) for Federal and $40 for state.    Did you choose that product, or did you end up in the Live feature by accident?

Live Basic is essentially Free Edition with the add-on "Live" feature that allows consulting with a live CPA/EA tax expert during return preparation and a final review of your return prior to filing.  Thus it has the fees mentioned above.

@ nameisjeff 

Oops!  There was a typo above.  I mistyped one of the fees.  Live Basic is $50 for Federal and $40 for state.   I've corrected it above.  You may have been emailed the answer showing the wrong price.

We may be able to tell you how to start over once we know if you have already efiled or not, and if you have efiled, whether your returns have been accepted or not.

@nameisjeff 

In the interest of time, I'll go ahead and give you the following info:

If you haven't already filed (haven't efiled and haven't filed by mail), then as long as you haven't submitted payment, deducted the TurboTax fee from your refund, or registered, you can erase your return and start from scratch in TurboTax Online and choose any product.  See this FAQ:

FAQ:  How do I clear and start over in TurboTax Online?

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-clear-and-start-over-in-turbotax-onli...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies