Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

How can I import a CSV file into TurboTax Schedule C?

I am a private tutor, and I have certain software subscriptions and hardware that I got this year to facilitate my business. I tried to import these transactions into TurboTax, however the credit card import is not working and I cannot see any of these transactions. I am going to export these select transactions directly from Chase and manually import them into TurboTax, however I see no option to upload a CSV file. All of the search results I am getting are for crypto investments and stuff, and I do not have any crypto transactions. How do I enter in these transactions?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

You will need to enter them manually.  You are correct in that TurboTax can upload CSV files but the application limits such uploads to cryptocurrency transactions.   Because you are entering expenses associated with your tutoring business, you can combine expenses in the same category rather than entering individually.  For example, you could combine all of your subscription expenses if they reasonably fall within the same category of business expense.  

Because you may have more than several expenses, keep your CSV files as back-up documentation to substantiate how you computed expenses on Schedule C that represent more than one business item.  

@laylinda 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply
GeorgeM777
Expert Alumni

You will need to enter them manually.  You are correct in that TurboTax can upload CSV files but the application limits such uploads to cryptocurrency transactions.   Because you are entering expenses associated with your tutoring business, you can combine expenses in the same category rather than entering individually.  For example, you could combine all of your subscription expenses if they reasonably fall within the same category of business expense.  

Because you may have more than several expenses, keep your CSV files as back-up documentation to substantiate how you computed expenses on Schedule C that represent more than one business item.  

@laylinda 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies