turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rhidium
Returning Member

How can I get Quicken Deluxe 2019 Fed+State to download State? I paid for State.

I purchased "TurboTax Tax Software Deluxe + State 2019 [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Download]" which should include State. (I bought a legitimate version)

I tried to install it and it gave me an issue. I originally was using 2019 TurboTax Business & Home on a friend's computer to see if it works.  I then bought Deluxe for myself and copied the file over and tried to load it.  Upon loading the 2019 files, it would pop up a window requesting which state to download, and then request a payment of $44.95 for downloading of the State even though I have state as part of the package! I paid for it already so what is going on??

What am I doing wrong?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

How can I get Quicken Deluxe 2019 Fed+State to download State? I paid for State.

@ Rhidium wrote:

I purchased "TurboTax Tax Software Deluxe + State 2019 [Amazon Exclusive] [PC Download]" which should include State. (I bought a legitimate version)

I tried to install it and it gave me an issue. I originally was using 2019 TurboTax Business & Home on a friend's computer to see if it works.  I then bought Deluxe for myself and copied the file over and tried to load it.  Upon loading the 2019 files, it would pop up a window requesting which state to download, and then request a payment of $44.95 for downloading of the State even though I have state as part of the package! I paid for it already so what is going on??  What am I doing wrong?

You said "Quicken" in your question, but I know you are referring to TurboTax. 

So are you trying to open the *.tax2019 data file you started preparing on your friend's computer in your own version of TurboTax?

Deluxe comes in 2 versions--one with Federal and State combo, and one that is Federal-only.   You said you have the combo Federal and State version, so it should not charge you for your first state program.

Have you rebooted (restarted) your computer since installing Deluxe?   If not, do that first.

Before trying to open that *.tax2019 data file, download the state program into your software first, and see if it asks you to pay.  To do that, start a new dummy return just long enough to download the state program.   To download the state program, go to the top TurboTax menubar and choose ONLINE menu, and then "Download State."

Does it still ask you to pay?

Once the state return is downloaded, then open the *.tax2019 data file you were preparing on your friend's computer.

If it continues to try to charge you for that first state program, here's how to reach TurboTax Support:

Hours are 5AM-5PM Pacific (8AM-8 PM Eastern) Mon-Fri.

You can use this contact form.   Be sure to indicate in the dropdown menu that you are using the CD/download product.
https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact

Try getting the state download by starting a new file.

After you get the program installed the first thing to do before you open your tax return is to update the program and install any state programs you had. Then open your file. So you first might need to start a fake return to be able to download the state program (go to FILE - NEW TAX RETURN)

Then go to FILE -Open and find your return.

See error 190

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/bugs-and-error-messages/help/error-190-when-opening-file-in-turbot...

Here is a link about State looping

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/state-loop-indicates-turbotax-is-up-to-date-after-...

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies