You'll see one of these messages when you use Get My Payment:
- A payment has been processed, a payment date is available and payment is to be sent either by direct deposit or mail. Note: mail means you may be issued an EIP Card or a check.
- You’re eligible, but a payment has not been processed and a payment date is not yet available.
It will not show the amount of your 2021 Economic Impact Payment.
Payment Status Not Available: We haven't yet processed your payment or you're not eligible for a payment.
Need More Information: Your payment was returned to the IRS because the Postal Service was unable to deliver it. Only people who get this message can use the tool to give us bank account information.
Get help with this tool in Get My Payment Frequently Asked Questions.
did you receive the 1st two stimulus checks?
what was your 2020 and 2019 income? was it too high to qualify for stimulus?
the 3rd stimulus is based on your 2020 tax return (and 2019 if 2020 is not available)
the 1st two stimulus payments were based on 2019 (and 2018 if 2019 was not available)
The American Rescue Plan provides relief for millions of Americans through numerous measures, including a third round of stimulus checks, unemployment benefit extensions, and expansions of the Child Tax Credit and the federal Earned Income Tax Credit (EITC).
This means if you qualify for a third stimulus check, you could get up to $1,400 for each taxpayer in your household plus $1,400 for each dependent.
Generally, you should qualify if:
- You’re a U.S. citizen or U.S. resident alien
- You have a valid Social Security number
- You’re not claimed as a dependent on anyone else’s return, and
- Your adjusted gross income (AGI) is less than
- $150,000 if you’re married and filing a joint return or a qualifying widow
- $112,500 if you’re filing as head of household, or
- $75,000 if you’re filing single or married filing separately
If your AGI is above those amounts, your payment will be reduced (“phased out”). If your AGI is above the amounts below, you won’t receive a third stimulus payment.
- $160,000 if you’re married and filing a joint return or a qualifying widow
- $120,000 if you’re filing as head of household, or
- $80,000 if you’re filing single or married filing separately
To find out if you are eligible and how much you can expect, visit our stimulus calculator.
Do I need to apply to get a stimulus check?
You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check. The IRS will determine eligibility based on your last tax return (either 2019 or 2020) and will likely send your payment to the bank account where your tax refund was deposited.
When will I get my stimulus check?
The IRS has begun distributing stimulus payments and we expect people could receive their stimulus payments as early as next week (March 17th).
For information on when you can expect your stimulus payment, check the IRS Get My Payment tool which will be updated starting the week of March 15th.
What about my state's stimulus?
If your state has a stimulus program in place, you don’t need to do anything to get your state stimulus check.
Stimulus payment FAQs