• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hoff

How can I find a cusip number when my broker entered various not a number?

on form 1099-int, box14 ask for Tax-exempt bond CUSIP number. My broker inported form had various in this box. How do I proceed, turbo tax will not accept various?
7 Replies
nutbrain
Level 1

Turbotax not accepting "Various" or bland in this when I go to file... it did last year. Can I still e-file?
pdyson
Level 1

I assume you are trying to file today and need answer right away, so I can't double check when I get home tonight. But I believe I may have entered all zeros.
IreneS
Intuit Alumni

Just leave the CUSIP number box blank.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
butchtop

I'm leaving the CUSIP number blank, and leaving "VARIOUS", but TurboTax will not let me file electronically.
shewmj

on my details behind my 1099 the CUSIP is listed for each bond.  I could use that but that means hand entering each bond's interest and making sure numbers total to what my 1099 has on it.  That would be a pain in the back side
johnguzior

I removed "various" from Box 14 and the error went away. Box 14 now blank & no error.
Hawki72

I just had the same problem.  Turbotax would not let me e-file unless there was a valid CUSIP in line 14 or it was blank, which means "various."  After several minutes of agony I discovered  my line 14 contained two blank spaces which the software apparently determined was not a valid CUSIP and thus would not let me efile.  Removing the two blank spaces resolved the problem.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v