How can I file irs form 941?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djs2014pledges

Where can I find form 941 to file
3 Replies
Opus 17
Level 15

Form 941 is only filed if you are a business paying employees and withholding taxes from their paychecks.  It must be filed at least quarterly and sometimes more often, depending on the size of your payroll.  TurboTax does not prepare form 941. QuickBooks might, if you use QuickBooks for your business. Making mistakes on form 941 can result in substantial penalties for your business and personal liability for you depending on the kind of business it is.  You may want to ask a professional accountant to help you set up your business accounting and explain the payroll forms and help you through the first few quarters, or maybe even outsource your payroll to a payroll company.  

*Answers are correct to the best of my ability at the time of posting but do not constitute legal or tax advice.*
JRPHOTO
Returning Member

Does TurboTax or TurboTax Business have the capability to walk me through filing my Form 941 quarterly?

DawnC
Employee Tax Expert

Unfortunately, no.   However, I will leave you some links below that will hopefully help you tackle the issue.   What kind of payroll filings do you need to prepare?   TurboTax can help with some things - like Household Employees or the tax reporting of your already filed payroll taxes.   Quickbooks can help with payroll processing too.   Don’t let the challenge of processing payroll overwhelm you.

You must file IRS Form 941 if you operate a business and have employees working for you. Certain employers whose annual payroll tax and withholding liabilities are less than $1,000, might get approval to file the annual version—Form 944.

With QuickBooks Online Payroll Enhanced and Intuit Online Payroll Enhanced, you can file and pay for your taxes electronically.

Video: Guide to Payroll Taxes

How to Pay Employer Federal Taxes

@JRPHOTO

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings