mikemc109

Household Employee / Nanny: how to enter STATE taxes due?

I have a nanny and have entered Schedule H as well as the estimated tax payments I've already made for both federal and state.  However, I am having trouble finding how where/how to enter the State tax liability.  In other words, is there something like a STATE version of Schedule H where I can enter estimated State Taxes (for Maryland)? For FED, adding Schedule H and the corresponding FED estimated taxes paid balances out. But when I add estimated State Taxes paid (the amount that was payed by my payroll company to Maryland quarterly on my behalf), the State refund is increased, which isn't correct.  It needs to be balanced out by entering the tax liability somewhere, but I can't figure out where.

AmyC

The federal schedule H is to handle the Medicare and Social Security taxes that an employer must pay. There is no state equivalent to that.

You are not required to withhold state wages on an employee. If you did, that would have been reported on their W2 and you would have paid it to the state as an employer, as part of the withholding tax.

Business Taxes| Employer Withholding - Comptroller of Maryland

You do not report state tax regarding your nanny on your MD personal return.

mikemc109

Or do I simply NOT enter any State nanny tax liability NOR any of the state estimated tax payments I already made?

gloriah5200

Please clarify the state you are residing in?

mikemc109

Maryland. Thanks.

AmyC