turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kctyop

Mac downloaded product does not start

Downloaded yesterday.

Double-clicked, told me to copy to Applications, did so.

Double-clicked from Applications, does not start.

See attached detail info.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

TurboTax requires OSX 10.11.6 or higher.   It will not run in OSX 10.10.5.

CD/download requirements:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299949

**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**

View solution in original post

7 Replies
GPahwa

@kctyop

Thanks for uploading the error log with the post. I would appreciate if you could share below mentioned information.
1. TurboTax Premier application Version
Navigate to /Applications directory. Select TurboTax Premier 2017 application and right click. Press "Get Info" option from the menu.  Notice application version under "General" category with label "Version:"  (1st section is General information. Expand it by clicking on disclosure triangle if it is collapsed).

2. Mac OS Version & Model
Click Apple menu on top left corner of your Mac Desktop screen. Select "About this Mac" option. Make a note of OS Version and model i.e. Year.

The error dump says it is TurboTax 2017 and the Mac OS is 10.10.5.
**Disclaimer: This post is for discussion purposes only and is NOT tax advice. The author takes no responsibility for the accuracy of any information in this post.**
GPahwa

@macuser_22 Thanks for bringing it out. I analyzed crash log & guessed same based on familiar stack trace but I missed OS version no in error log.
horndozer

I have OSX 10.11.6. I am reluctant to install Mac OSX 10.12 (Sierra) because of apps that I will lose. And so if I install OSX 10.12 will they require that I have High Sierra next year?  So I have installed and am using TurboTax Online.  Don't love it.  It will not let me download my TurboTax data from 2017 Turbo Tax (on CD) to 2018 Turbo Tax online.  Time consuming conundrum.  :>(

@horndozer

TurboTax 2018 requires OSX 10.12 or higher, 2019 will require OSX 10.13 or higher.
Your .tax2017 data file can be transferred to the online, but must be done as the first step with a new return.

<a rel="nofollow" target="_blank" href="https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/1900883-how-do-i-transfer-last-year-s-return-into-turbotax-online"...>

TurboTax requires OSX 10.11.6 or higher.   It will not run in OSX 10.10.5.

CD/download requirements:
https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3299949

jx30526

so whats the solution if i do have a OSX 10.10.5 & ive already paid $119 for this download? Please help. I cant go anywhere bc we are under 10 day Quarantine & i need to get this done asap bc im moving as soon as we come out of quarantine.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies