Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cjennings

"Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" Completely done with taxes but won't let me file. Because of this message. What can be done?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
cjennings

"Hmm, looks like we hit a slight snag in this section" Completely done with taxes but won't let me file. Because of this message. What can be done?

I ended up filing With my iPad signed into my account and completed the transaction would not work with my MacBook. I honestly thought it was a website problem but may very well be cookies or a setting on my MacBook didn’t have this problem last year so could not understand why. Try another computer or device. Worked for me.

View solution in original post

16 Replies
ReginaM
Expert Alumni

If you select the Transmit Returns Now button, and it doesn't seem to be working, the most likely source of the problem is “cookies,” little pieces of code that are sent to your browser so we can personalize your experience.

1. If you've enabled pop-up blocking in your web browser, please turn it off and try again.
  2. If it's still not working, try again using a different web browser. (For example, if you're using Chrome, try using Explorer or Safari instead.)
  3. If those suggestions didn't help, try going back to your first browser and delete the cookies.

What you should be seeing is a "captcha," screen, which helps prevent fraud by asking you to identify pictures before you can proceed.

If this does not work, you may need to Print and Mail your return. Instructions on where to mail your return will be printed out when you print your return

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
cjennings

I ended up filing With my iPad signed into my account and completed the transaction would not work with my MacBook. I honestly thought it was a website problem but may very well be cookies or a setting on my MacBook didn’t have this problem last year so could not understand why. Try another computer or device. Worked for me.

I received this message when trying to file my returns.

I did the cookies still the same message

I don't have a problem mailing my returns, however you charged me $40.00 to file my state returns 

If I can not send my returns by email I would like a refund on my credit card.

I would like to know how I go about this?

LinaJ2020
Expert Alumni

If you are filing with TurboTax online, let's do the following.  Maybe try a different browser? 

• I would suggest you check your internet connection.  Try to log out and sign back in the program. 
  • You should also clear your cache and sign back into the program.   To clear cache, click here: Cache
  • You may also try a different browser.  

The $40 is not just for the state e-file, it also includes the cost using the program that guides you through the entire filing process to complete your state tax forms including the navigation and step-by-step instructions. It costs our tax experts, engineers and programmers to accomplish the task.

@cowpath384

thyder21

the solution is to go onto a different browser, I used google chrome. safari has the tendency to do this. it was the same with my fasfa. just open up your account and submit thru chrome!

Clear your cache/cookies, and then if that still doesn't work, try to log on to turbo tax through your phone or another device. 

ThomasM125
Expert Alumni

Here is an article on how to clear your cache:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/troubleshooting/help/how-to-clear-your-cache/00/26135

aohmusi
Returning Member

It seems NOT the cash problem. I tried to file my one with my smartphone and got this after paying the fee from Google play. It turned out that my credit card stopped the payment since I am submitting it from a foreign country. I confirmed the payment in an app for the credit card, but this still not solved yet even though I paid it.

nblevitt

I don't understand how to address the problem created by the TurboTax system.  I need to speak with a person.  I don't work well with the automated process because the terminology is meaningless to me.

JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

If you are still having issues, you can contact us for assistance using the link below.  

How do I contact TurboTax for help

AP51

It happened with me last year. I ended up mailing my paper returns, still IRS did not processed it. All due to Turbotax. It is happening this year too. Numerous times I talked with Customer service. No one able to resolve the issue. Turbo Tax should be banned for selling defective Tax software.

AP51

for Customer service people

NEVER Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
NEVER Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Because they never solve any problems.

Tried clearing my cache... DID NOT WORK!

Tried filing from my phone... DID NOT WORK! same error

Tried filing from a different browser... DID NOT WORK! same error

Tried filing from a different computer... DID NOT WORK! same error

PLEASE!!! TurboTax, will you tell us how to fix this so I can file?!?! I ALREADY PAID FOR IT!!!!!

HeatherPLO
Intuit Alumni

You are commenting on an older thread that may have outdated information.  We need additional information to be able to assist you further.  What version of TurboTax are you utilizing - Online?  What specific page are you getting the error?  Are there any additional messages besides the "snag" message?  Please respond here in the thread and we will be happy to help.

@lacilandsem 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies