turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

yrcompute

Hi, when I used turbotax self-employed online (I used last year), I can see "Create W-2s and 1099s". But after I upgrade to turbotax live, I didn't see this anymore.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Hi, when I used turbotax self-employed online (I used last year), I can see "Create W-2s and 1099s". But after I upgrade to turbotax live, I didn't see this anymore.

Yeah ... they changed the program last year ... hate when they fix things that aren't broken ...

click on Federal >> income & expenses >> self employment >>> and follow the interview until you get to this screen ... and in January when the QEF goes live you will be able to complete those forms.

View solution in original post

5 Replies

Yeah ... they changed the program last year ... hate when they fix things that aren't broken ...

click on Federal >> income & expenses >> self employment >>> and follow the interview until you get to this screen ... and in January when the QEF goes live you will be able to complete those forms.

yrcompute

Thanks for the answer. This helped and I finally managed to find the hidden spot;-) . Thanks!

Try this alternate way.  

Another way to get to the Quick Employer Forms QEF is to go to the Business tab - Continue
Select I'll Choose what I work on (if it comes up)
Top item Profit or Loss from Business Click Update or Start
Click Edit by your Business

Then either
Scroll down to Business Expenses
On Other Common Business Expenses, click the start or update button
There are two sections where you can start using the QEF for contractors or employees.
For contractors, on Contract Labor, click the start or update button
On the screen "Enter Contract Labor Expenses" there is shown "Create and file W-2s and 1099s online with TurboTax Quick Employer Forms." and a "Start here" blue highlighted link.  This will take you to the QEF website.

OR
Under Business Profile - Edit
Scroll down to Has Employees - Click EDIT
Then Create and file W-2s and 1099s online with TurboTax Quick Employer Forms. Click on  Start here

yrcompute

Thanks for the answer. However, there is no "Business tab" anywhere (I spent 10 minutes and didn't find it) in the self-employed online turbo tax with live support.

They aren't using the Business tab this year.  I guess it's all under Federal income
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies