Solved: Hi there I am looking at my refund amount and it does not match, please advise! Why is the amount so much less? The amount does not add up with the fees, why?

Hi there I am looking at my refund amount and it does not match, please advise! Why is the amount so much less? The amount does not add up with the fees, why?

The amount does not equal after turbotax fees, why?

Employee TurboTax Specialist

"Some taxpayers, regardless of tax preparation method, may see a discrepancy in their tax refund amount.  The most common reason for this is a refund offset.  All or part of a taxpayers refund may have been used (offset) to pay off past-due federal tax, state income tax, state unemployment compensation debts, child support, spousal support, or other federal nontax debts, such as student loans. Taxpayers may also see a change in their refund amount because the IRS made a change to their tax return."

Read more below:  https://ttlc.intuit.com/replies/3288510

Employee TurboTax Specialist