turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hi i would like to know if i didnt something wrong and i send my e-file through would you let me know

i think i forgot to fix my mistake and send my efile through
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
AmyW

Hi i would like to know if i didnt something wrong and i send my e-file through would you let me know

First, you will want to wait until your tax return is accepted or rejected. If it is rejected, then you can go in and fix the mistake. If accepted, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail. 

To amend a 2017 return, follow the steps in the article below (The 2017 amended tax return instructions will be available sometime in late January/Early February):

View solution in original post

2 Replies
AmyW

First, you will want to wait until your tax return is accepted or rejected. If it is rejected, then you can go in and fix the mistake. If accepted, then you will want to wait until your original tax return is processed by the IRS. If you are receiving a refund, you should wait until the check is issued. Amended returns must be filed by mail. 

To amend a 2017 return, follow the steps in the article below (The 2017 amended tax return instructions will be available sometime in late January/Early February):

Tiffgoss
Returning Member

So if you think you made mistake and they accept it that still doesn’t mean you will get your refund ? 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies