Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kat5194
Returning Member

Hi, I made over $700 through three different side jobs combined. The jobs are Photography, Graphic Designer, and Consulting. What form would be the best?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ColeenD3
Expert Alumni

Hi, I made over $700 through three different side jobs combined. The jobs are Photography, Graphic Designer, and Consulting. What form would be the best?

Was this as an Independent Contractor? Did you receive 1099-NEC? If the jobs are vastly different from each other, you would need a Schedule C for each.

If so, you would enter your income on Schedule C. Enter the 1099 income separate from any non-1099 income (cash).

We'll automatically complete Schedule C for you when you set up your self-employment work or income in TurboTax, which is usually reported on Form 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC. It gets attached to your Form 1040 which we'll also handle for you.

To set up your business:

1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for schedule c and click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
    • If you've already entered self-employment work and need to enter more, select Add another line of work.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

kat5194
Returning Member

No, I did not receive a 1099-NEC.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

If you did not receive any 1099-NECs, then report your self-employment income on Schedule C in the Other Self-Employment Income section.  See below.  

To enter your Schedule C(s) - use this link.   

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies