We'll automatically complete Schedule C when you set up your self-employment work in TurboTax or when you enter what the IRS considers self-employment income, which is usually reported on Form 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC.
Schedule C is supported in TurboTax Self-Employed (both online and in the mobile app) and in all personal 1040 versions of the TurboTax CD/Download software.
To set up your business:
- Open or continue your return.
- Search for schedule c and click the Jump to link in the search results.
- Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
- If you've already entered self-employment work and need to enter more, select Add another line of work.
- Follow the onscreen instructions.
If you need Schedule C to report a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, search for 1099-NEC or 1099-misc and select the Jump to link. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC? We'll ask questions to find out if your 1099 income needs to go on Schedule C.
If your 2018 or earlier return requires Schedule C-EZ, we'll also generate a Schedule C for background calculation purposes only. It won't get filed with your return.