Where do I enter Schedule C?

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes

Pick a language

English Français
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
TurboTax Help

Where do I enter Schedule C?

We'll automatically complete Schedule C when you set up your self-employment work in TurboTax or when you enter what the IRS considers self-employment income, which is usually reported on Form 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC.

Schedule C is supported in TurboTax Self-Employed (both online and in the mobile app) and in all personal 1040 versions of the TurboTax CD/Download software.

To set up your business:

  1. Open or continue your return.
  2. Search for schedule c and click the Jump to link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses?
    • If you've already entered self-employment work and need to enter more, select Add another line of work.
  4. Follow the onscreen instructions.

If you need Schedule C to report a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC, search for 1099-NEC or 1099-misc and select the Jump to link. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-NEC or 1099-MISC? We'll ask questions to find out if your 1099 income needs to go on Schedule C.

If your 2018 or earlier return requires Schedule C-EZ, we'll also generate a Schedule C for background calculation purposes only. It won't get filed with your return.

Was this helpful?

You must sign in to vote, reply, or post
Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings