Hi I just purchased Home and Business 2020. I woul...

Hi I just purchased Home and Business 2020. I would like to work on employer forms. Does the program have to be installed first?

In order to use the software program ---yes -- you have to install the software.

Are you on Windows or Mac?  And you need to create W2s or 1099s?

In the Window's Home & Business or Business Desktop program to Prepare W2s or 1099s, go to Start a New Return or File-New Return.

Then on the next screen it asks What would you like to do?

Check the circle that says Prepare W-2s and 1099s for my employees or contractors.  Then that will expand and give you a choice to prepare them online or on your computer.

If you select to do them online using the Quick Employer Forms the forms are efiled to the IRS.  You then print the copies to give out to your people and print copies for yourself.  See this for more info…..

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/what-is-quick-employer-forms/00/25916

If you select to do them on your computer you are responsible to mail the forms to the IRS.