helping friend to file. can I use my computer?

Why sign in to the Community?

• Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Announcements
TurboTax has you covered during Covid. Get the latest second stimulus info here.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Level 1

2 Replies
Level 15

Yes, you can use the TurboTax desktop CD/Download editions installed on your computer to complete a tax return for anyone.  Provided you do not charge a fee for completing the tax return.

Level 15

Yes.  Are you using the Online browser version or the Desktop CD/Download program?

Online is only good for 1 return per account.  But you can use the same email address for 5 accounts.   How to start another return in the Online version

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/how-do-i-start-another-return-in-turbotax-onli...

Thats why if you need to do more than 1 return we recommend you buy the Desktop CD/Download program.  It can do unlimited returns and efile 5 for free.  And you can buy a lower version.  All the Desktop programs have the same forms. You just get more help and guidance in the higher versions.

Or if you have the Desktop CD/Download program installed on your computer you can do multiple returns.  Go up to File-New.

Dynamic Ads
v
Privacy Settings