turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Hello im trying to enter my income/expenses/ wages but every time i click on it, it shows me my occupation but im not able to enter my dollar amount.

Don't have w2 self employed and when i click on the self employed wages/ income I'm not able to enter an amount
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

Hello im trying to enter my income/expenses/ wages but every time i click on it, it shows me my occupation but im not able to enter my dollar amount.

You will have to enter your income and expenses in Schedule C. To enter information, see below:

1. Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for Schedule C and click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? or Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2017? and follow the onscreen instructions.

Or, if you need the Schedule C to report a 1099-MISC, search for 1099misc, then click/tap the "Jump to" link in the search results. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC? and follow the directions.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
SamiaI
Employee Tax Expert

You will have to enter your income and expenses in Schedule C. To enter information, see below:

1. Open (continue) your return, if you don't already have it open.
  2. Inside TurboTax, search for Schedule C and click or tap the "Jump to" link in the search results.
  3. Answer Yes to Did you have any self-employment income or expenses? or Did you have any income and expenses for a business in 2017? and follow the onscreen instructions.

Or, if you need the Schedule C to report a 1099-MISC, search for 1099misc, then click/tap the "Jump to" link in the search results. Answer Yes to Did you get a 1099-MISC? and follow the directions.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies