Solved: Has anyone had issues with the Turbo Tax free edit...

dshoulders94

Has anyone had issues with the Turbo Tax free edition at the end? I cannot get through step 1 "review your order" The program freezes.

GiseleD

You may want to log out, clear your cookies and cache, and then log back in. 

Here's how:

Each browser has a slightly different method for deleting cookies. Choose the browser you're using:

A full or corrupted cache can cause problems in TurboTax, so sometimes you need to clear your cache (that is, remove these temporary files).

Here are the official instructions for the most popular browsers:

Apple's official support site doesn't appear to contain instructions for clearing the cache in Safari. Your best bet is to search the Internet for clear Safari cache or similar search terms.

GiseleD

Here's how:

dshoulders94

Thank you!  I did log off and turned off the pop up blocker for that site and logged back in, then I was able to complete the returns and file.

LeonardS

You are welcome !!!!

smbtrish

YES - not the same but fell to what I think is a bait and switch near the end.  Not a newbie, have used Turbo Tax for several years and I guess I was complacent this time and trusting.  I was billed $80 for my free tax forms as I apparently picked one level while declining the higher level.  The program also indicated what my fees would be but were $30 higher at check out, after submitting my credit information and could not back up to change or cancel.   Again, not a newbie to the computer or TT but relied on their past performance and found I got caught anticipating I did not need to use the care I would were I a first time user.  Also I am still waiting for the call from their tax advisor who should have called according to them 30 min ago.  Lesson learned for next and future years returns.

TerukoL

We take your concern very seriously and wish to help address this.  Unfortunately, in this public forum, we do not have direct access to your account, so we invite you to please contact our TurboTax customer support team to assist your further.