Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone else experienced being charged $69 for "Credit Karma Exclusive"?

I'm eligible for the free edition to file taxes but I received a charge of $69 at the end of my filing process for what was called "Credit Karma Exclusive". I did go through the Credit Karma app to file my taxes with the new TurboTax partnering but I was completely unaware that there was a fee for that.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/intuit-account/help/is-credit-karma-a-part-of-turbotax/00/2092900

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
c-sare

I am having the same issue! I’ve called TurboTax 3 times to try to get it resolved. Did you have any luck with removing the fee? 

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Credit Karma is part of the Intuit family. However, Credit Karma and TurboTax are separate products and require separate accounts.

If you have already paid, please feel free to contact Customer Support so they can assist you. If you inquire about a refund, you will want to use the keywords billing issues when you call so you get to the right person.

@c-sare 

faranth1
Returning Member

But when accessing TurboTax via the link on Credit Karma, the accounts are supposed to be linked, and filing is supposed to be free!

ee-ea
Level 15

faranth1
Returning Member

You're missing the point. ALL filing is supposed to be free when connecting to TurboTax through Credit Karma, regardless of whether it's simple or complex. Credit Karma users are supposed to be able to file ANY return for free, simply by clicking the Taxes link on their site, which then brings users to TurboTax.

Smiley13

There is nothing Turbotax customer service can do.   You have to : 

Unlink your account via Credit Karma, follow these steps from the article and if you can not pull it up just search up how to unlink turbotax from my credit karma account: 

https://support.creditkarma.com/s/article/Linking-your-TurboTax-account-to-Credit-Karma#:~:text=How%....

If that does not work, which I should not see why, then you gotta file with a different account not linked to Credit Karma. Or try clear and start over on Turbotax, under tools and select tax tools

If you already filed you can request a refund with this link:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/intuit-refunds/request-refund-turbotax-p...

just click other and explain what occurred. It however is just a request not a guarantee

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies