turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Has anyone downloaded CA state yet for 2019?

Has anyone with TurboTax download edition been able to download CA state forms for TurboTax windows?

I seem to be stuck on the step downloading the state forms (it reports success, but stays on the same step, and never lets me start the actual return.

The  availability list says e-file is ready for form 540 and many of the other forms I need, while there are other forms that say 1/31. 

I get no error messages, just stuck on the step, but not sure if that is a symptom of forms not yet available, or if there is another issue.  

So... Has anyone in California started their state return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

I just now decided to download CA for TTax2019 (Windows Desktop), no pauses or issues downloading and calculating on CA540 et al. Looks good to go!

View solution in original post

17 Replies
JeanneLO
Intuit Alumni

Depending on the state the forms may not be available for release in order to start and complete the e-filing process. Please see the link below for more information about your specific state status:

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/forms/help/state-forms-availability-table-for-turbotax-individual-...

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Jeanne, I keep getting that answer, but I am not trying to actually submit anything yet.  That link doesn't say the date at which I can begin working on my state return.

The main CA form 540 is ready, so I would have thought I would be able to start my return -- but the state never gets added to my return, and I'm stuck on the download step.

I just want to know if anyone has gotten past the form download step -- or if everyone is California is also stuck at step 0.  I've seen forum posts of people with other CA questions, so I think that means forms ARE available, just my install is not able to add to my return for some reason.

I haven't tried to start my CA return yet in TTax2019 Windows Desktop version, but I want to start it once we get word its functional (even tho not yet ready for filing).

I just now decided to download CA for TTax2019 (Windows Desktop), no pauses or issues downloading and calculating on CA540 et al. Looks good to go!
KrisD15
Employee Tax Expert

There are just a couple forms that  are still being waited on for California. 

You can click the link below, then click on the state to view which forms are not supported and if any forms are still being updated. 

PLEASE CLICK HERE for a list of state forms

I cannot get past the start you CA state page also.  Being on the telephone with tax support but they could not figure it out also.

I tried reinstall and repair turbo tax but nothing.

DonnaLO
Expert Alumni

If you continue to have problems please contact Technical Support using this form: 

https://support.turbotax.intuit.com/contact/ 

@DIYreturn  you need to specifically ask the phone support for a standalone state download.  I don't know why they aren't telling the support folks that should be step one after witnessing the loop symptom.

I had same problem.  After talking to support staff for hours they could not figure it out.   So I compared last years files to current.  There is a file missing under forms called "Cai_19" which contains all the files.  I found that I needed a file "wcaiperf.key" before the previous file can be installed.  I then downloaded the CA state update and it worked.

Somehow when you file install Turbotax this file got lost in the installation.

@DIYreturn  where did you find the file, and where did you install it?  Seems like this might be the solution!

Did you ask for a standalone download and they wouldn't give it to you!?  That's shocking that support would let you just flounder without a solution.

Same problem, stuck in a download loop and no CA forms. Where can I get the "wcaiperf.key" file? Thanks.

Solved problem, I was able to start preparing CA return, will see if I can e-file later. My problem was I first installed TTtax2019 Deluxe on a second hard drive (E:). I later uninstalled it and installed it anew on the C: drive instead. The TTax installer left the state forms on the E: drive and keeps wanting to download state again at the State Return stage of navigation, which it says it successfully did, but would not start the state return.

I tried to uninstall TTax in Windows and ran the "Repair Installation" option in TTax installer. That didn't fix the state problem.

On a long shot, I copied the "cai_19" folder and everything under it from the E: drive to the C: drive into the...\TurboTax\Deluex 2019\Forms\ folder. Your folder path may vary.

Beware, I don't know what this solution could do to your TTax installation, so caveat emptor!

Yes. The solution worked. The missing folder Cali_19 was missing. Reinstalling the cd or looking for the folder in the installation cd helps.

My state says everything is ready to file, and disappears.  don't know how to contact turbo tax for help

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies