Children born in 2020 were not included in the 1st stimulus because those checks were based on 2018 or 2019. No one got stimulus money for babies born in 2020 because the IRS did not know about those babies or have their SSN’s. But on your 2020 tax return you can claim your child born in 2020 for the stimulus money, as well as the other child-related credits. You enter your new dependent in My Info. When you go through the screens in My Info make sure to say your child lived with you the WHOLE year. When it asks the oddly worded question about whether your child paid for over half their own support say NO.
The stimulus check is an advance on a credit you can receive on your 2020 tax return. If something went wrong or you did not get the stimulus check in 2020, you can get it when you file your 2020 return in early 2021
The Recovery Rebate Credit will be found in the Federal Review section, If you are eligible it will end up on line 30 of your 2020 Form 1040.
Yes, your newborn child is eligible for the 2 stimuli (assuming your 2020 AGI is under the threshold).
If you did not receive your first and/or second stimulus payment or if the amount received is not correct, you can claim it on your 2020 tax return as the Recovery Rebate Credit.
In TurboTax Online, to claim the Recovery Rebate credit please do the following:
- Sign into your account and continue from where you left off
- Click on Federal in the left-hand column, then on Federal Review on the top of the screen
- On the next page titled Let's make sure you got the right stimulus amount, click on Continue
- Follow the interview
- TurboTax will determine whether you are entitled to any additional stimulus
- Any stimulus amount remaining due to you will show as a credit on line 30 of your form 1040.
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"