Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Gross income adjustment

The page "Gross Income Adjustment" asks to enter any adjustment either negative or positive. I don't know what to do here. Does the calculated amount include the wages, dividends, etc.? Is the amount shown here usually correct?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Gross income adjustment

It depends on the state.  This screen appears in state returns.  Most "normal" items are automatically adjusted in TurboTax.  However, if you have rental income, Self-Employment income, or other income made in another state, you may have to make certain adjustments manually.  If all of your income comes from your home state, TurboTax probably has made the adjustments for you already.  However, if you wish to provide the state you live in, I'd be happy to provide more information on the what types of adjustments may apply to you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

2 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Gross income adjustment

It depends on the state.  This screen appears in state returns.  Most "normal" items are automatically adjusted in TurboTax.  However, if you have rental income, Self-Employment income, or other income made in another state, you may have to make certain adjustments manually.  If all of your income comes from your home state, TurboTax probably has made the adjustments for you already.  However, if you wish to provide the state you live in, I'd be happy to provide more information on the what types of adjustments may apply to you.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
mdeen1
Returning Member

Gross income adjustment

I live in CA and have rental income in Oregon. 
What should I be entering on this page ("Gross Income Adjustment")?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies