turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I was divorced in 2017. My ex spouse kept all of the property, specifically livestock which depreciates. Can I transfer the turbo tax username and account to his email?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
EricG
Intuit Alumni

I was divorced in 2017. My ex spouse kept all of the property, specifically livestock which depreciates. Can I transfer the turbo tax username and account to his email?

Yes, you can change the email and username on the account. 

You would log in and go to Intuit Account. On a desktop/laptop, it's in the lower left corner. For phones and tablets, it's under the Menu icon in the top left. 

On the Profile tab, you can change the email address and user ID to his. You will need your password to do each. 

You may want to update the phone number on the account as well, as we often use it for security purposes. You'll find it on the Security tab.  

View solution in original post

4 Replies
EricG
Intuit Alumni

Yes, you can change the email and username on the account. 

You would log in and go to Intuit Account. On a desktop/laptop, it's in the lower left corner. For phones and tablets, it's under the Menu icon in the top left. 

On the Profile tab, you can change the email address and user ID to his. You will need your password to do each. 

You may want to update the phone number on the account as well, as we often use it for security purposes. You'll find it on the Security tab.  

before you do that .....You should also download the PDF files for the last few years of tax returns that are in the same account, so that you have your own copies.  (and back them up off-computer !)   Getting them later, should any problems crop up, could prove difficult....without going to a lawyer again.
____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Thank you SteamTrain!!  Great advice, sounds like from your own experience.  Thanks for taking the time to comment.
EricG
Intuit Alumni

Good call out, SteamTrain!
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies