Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

amshane97

Getting Illinois tax return rejected due to missing IL PIN number. Can not find where that number can be add to my return?

It asks for driver's license info, but not the PIN

seank1

Getting Illinois tax return rejected due to missing IL PIN number. Can not find where that number can be add to my return?

I FINALLY found this.

Click on 'File' and click through to get to your state return, until you get to the 'Review Your Illinois Filing Info' screen. Under your direct deposit info (if applicable) you'll see a 'Your consenting and signing your return electronically'....click 'edit' and you can enter it there. 

Holy hell that wasn't easy. 

Here are 2 ways you can enter the State of IL PIN in TurboTax Desktop:

1)  Go to State tab > File tab > Go to step 3 or Go through until you see the screen that that asks for the AGI > select the bottom option that says "verify your signature in a different way" > here is where you will enter the IL PIN number(s).

2)  In the top right of the screen, click to switch to 'Forms' mode. Scroll down to the State of IL tax section. Scroll down until you see where to enter the IL PIN. Type it in. 

to CLEAR THE IL-PIN ERROR.....FOLLOW these steps and UNDER THE AGI INFO ON THE CONSENT SCREEN CLICK THE SMALL BOX THAT SAYS "DID not FILE LAST YEAR OR SOMETHING LIKE THAT" TO PROMPT THE SCREEN TO ENTER YOUR IL-PIN NUMBER

Try these steps for fixing the PIN error for IL state: To re-sign your return:

1.  Click "File" in the left hand menu tab, .

2.  Click "Start/revisit" to file 

3.  Make sure Illinois has been selected to e-file if FED has already been filed/accepted no need to check that one.

4.  Continue to the "Review Your Illinois Filing Info" screen.

5.  Click Edit next to "You are consenting and signing your return electronically."

ON the consent screen, you may not be able to click edit, but put in AGI and then click the small box under that.

6.  Scroll down to update your PIN or to select a different method of signing your return (state ID, driver's license, IL Prior year AGI, or 9-digit ZIP). If you only entered the 9-digit ZIP before, try enter other pieces of information (IL PIN, IL Prior Year AGI).

5. After updating, click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to re-file.

3.  Make sure Illinois has been selected to e-file if FED has already been filed/accepted no need to check that one.

5.  Click Edit next to "You are consenting and signing your return electronically."

On the consent screen where you enter your AGI, click the box under it to pull up additional info on that page. there you will find the box to enter you IL-PIN information

6.  Scroll down to update your PIN or to select a different method of signing your return (state ID, driver's license, IL Prior year AGI, or 9-digit ZIP). If you only entered the 9-digit ZIP before, try enter other pieces of information (IL PIN, IL Prior Year AGI).

5. After updating, click Continue and follow the onscreen instructions to re-file.

Go thru the screens to enter/verify your driver's license. The consent to sign screen will ask for your AGI information. Under the AGI field there's a small box, click that box and it will populate more to that page where you can enter your IL-PIN info.

Omnissima

Thank you very much, the solution you found was great, it helped me a lot above all, because the rejection process was already getting very long with the IL state and I could not solve it ... it is sad to say but already the agents of turbo tax, after two days of requiring help  and trying to find a solution for my problem, decided this third day not to answer my call and left me alone, solving the problem. I sincerely appreciate that you have published this solution in the community.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies