Solved: Free state e-filing?

Free state e-filing?

Using TurboTax Business which I thought allows a free state e-file option. However, I am being prompted to pay $24.99 to e-file the state return. Am I missing something here?  I can mail it in but I thought one e-file state return was included.

Free state e-filing?

The TurboTax Business includes 1 state download, but the e-file is a fee. 

If you choose to mail the return in, you can avoid paying the e-file fee. 

Free state e-filing?

Free state e-filing?

I had 2018 TurboTax premier and had to pay a $24.99 fee for e-file of state.

Should it have been free with my purchase of turbotax premier?

Free state e-filing?

@beandip004   No.  The desktop software includes the software to prepare returns for one specific state, but e-filing a state return is an extra fee.  You can print, sign and mail the state to avoid that state e-file fee.

Free state e-filing?

I wish to e-file my Federal return as I have always done in the past and to mail in both of my state returns as paper copies. Even though I check the boxes to this intention when I go to final review, the program selects that I am e-filing all three returns which is not my intention. What gives?

Free state e-filing?

Are these instructions helpful?

Free state e-filing?

turbotax deluxe says one free state filing but I was charged 19.99 plus sales tax for this submission-why

Free state e-filing?

TurboTax Deluxe Online says that each state tax return is $40.

TurboTax Deluxe CD/Download says one state return at no extra cost, $39.99 per additional state. 

Click on the state reference under the name of the software.

Free state e-filing?

I finished Fed. taxes with Turbo Tax but when I continued to state taxes, it lists Utah. I need Ohio but I don't know how to change it. It wants me to use Utah and pay almost $40 to do Ohio. I don't need Utah. It was used last year but isn't needed this year. Ive used Turbo Tax software several years without issues until now. Please help.

Free state e-filing?

I agree but still cant change from Utah to Ohio without paying a fee first.

Free state e-filing?

You would have needed to make the change prior to starting your return and importing prior year information.  No one here in the Community has the ability to do anything about this.  You may want to contact customer service about it.  To do so, start by clicking on the following link:  

Free state e-filing?

That’s what you should clarify when you sell the product instead of after you bill someone where it is mot clarified. One free copy. 

Free state e-filing?

I am using Turbo Tax Home and Business.  I am a senior and cannot go to the post office to mail my state taxes.  Due to COVID19 and the stay at home order we should not have to pay to e-file our state taxes.  

Free state e-filing?

I would like to use my one free state filing on my return but its linked to another return which is being mailed.  How do I use my one free state filing.

Free state e-filing?

No in the past and I've used turbo tax for the last 10 years.  The download and filing is free.  Always been.

So Turbo tax is false advertising.?