turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

lwoolwine
Returning Member

Form 8962

Last year when I filed my 2020 tax return with Turbo tax, it did not complete the form 8962 for my Federal Return but it did file the necessary form for State Tax Return.

The IRS contacted me and I completed the form and mailed it in.. The have received it by now I have yet to receive my refund because of this.

How can I make sure this does not happen in 2021?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

Form 8962

The IRS Form 8962, Premium Tax Credit is generated, completed and included with the federal tax return, by the TurboTax program, if and Only If the Form 1095-A, Health Insurance Marketplace Statement is entered into the program by the user of the software.

lwoolwine
Returning Member

Form 8962

Which I did... That's how the State form was submitted BUT the Federal one was not. When you look at my return submitted it not there but the one for the State refund is.. 

Form 8962

Look at your tax return to include all the worksheets for the 2020 tax return that was filed.  Is there a completed Form 1095-A?  If so, is there a completed Form 8962 also included?

If you used the TurboTax online editions -

To access your current or prior year online tax returns sign onto the TurboTax website with the User ID you used to create the account - https://myturbotax.intuit.com/

When you sign onto your online account and land on the Tax Home web page, scroll down and click on Add a state. 

This will take you back to the 2020 online tax return.

Click on Tax Tools on the left side of the online program screen.  Then click on Print Center.  Then click on Print, save or preview this year's return.  Choose the option Include government and TurboTax worksheets

If you used the TurboTax desktop editions -

Continue the 2020 tax return.  Click on Forms.  On the left side of the screen in Forms mode see if there is a Form 1095-A and a Form 8962 listed.

lwoolwine
Returning Member

Form 8962

I will go back and look at that but doesn't it make sense that I would have completed it when I entered everything and it carried over and filed Form #3849 for the State which is the numbers I would have entered at the beginning.

lwoolwine
Returning Member

Form 8962

So I just reviewed the 177 pages of my return and it does not show form #8962 in the Federal but it does show #3849 for the State filed.. It had to have carry those figures over when I started working on the State from the Federal input as it always have.

So I guess you cant answer my question as to why this did or didn't happened... I may think twice before using Turbo Tax for 2021 as I have used for probably 20 years but I cant have this happen again.

Thanks for your time

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies