Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

Has Turbotax fixed by NOT trying to send the 7206 form if not required?

This is the status link for the error of filing the 7206 when it's not necessary.

https://ttlc.intuit.com/turbotax-support/en-us/help-article/form-1095/turbotax-adding-incomplete-for...

AnnetteB6
Expert Alumni

The development team has been made aware of the e-filing rejection code that seems related to Form 7206.  They are working to resolve this and request that you use the link in the following TurboTax help article to register your email address for notifications.  The expectation is that this will be resolved in the March 29th program update.

Why is TurboTax adding an incomplete Form 7206 when I'm not required to file it?

@deweesecc 

@wardrs55 

@MichelleN 

@electaxfl 

@JR-ASA 

@doubleO7 

@ashland_marsh-fr 

@PineappleCrow2 

@Dmcgan 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I have the same problem with TT Premier Windows Desktop.  What is even more crazy is e have an S Corp and my business partner's return (very similar to mine), went through e-file with no issue with the form 7206, but mine got rejected.  After hours with TT Support a supervisor said this is IRS System issue and I have to file by US Mail!  This is crazy for such a large return!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You can wait until after the update and see if you are able to e-file.

The development team has been made aware of the e-filing rejection code that seems related to Form 7206.  They are working to resolve this and request that you use the link in the following TurboTax help article to register your email address for notifications.  The expectation is that this will be resolved in the March 29th program update.

Why is TurboTax adding an incomplete Form 7206 when I'm not required to file it?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

They just said they expect it to be fixed in the March 29 update.  I would wait.

Here is my take on what has happened:

1. They had a bug in the desktop version that kept us from filing these returns.  They got it fixed in an update.  (Think it was Feb. 15.)

2.   Many of us were able to Efile over the next several days.  
3.  All was well for quite awhile.  Then I believe later update unintentionally messed this up again.

4.  They recognize the problem and are fixing it.  

I would check again this Thursday but expect resolution on the 29th.

That makes a lot of sense.  But the on-line version had issues as well.  I switched to the on-line version on 2/14, just a day shy of the first "fix" and had no trouble e-filing but then had trouble getting my refund.  After a number of attempts to reach out to the IRS I called the number to make an appointment locally and the person on the phone was actually able to help me and the refund is expected soon.  They were aware of the TT issues and recommended that users print out their returns before filing to check for accuracy.  

You are so right!  Always, always print out the return for review before efiling!  

Thanks to all for responses.  I guess I can wait to see if they fix it.  What got me more frustrated is that after several hours of TT support time and finally reaching a supervisor, she said the "bug" was on the IRS side of things and that my only real choice was to US Mail the return!  Because of my businesses, my 1040 and 540 are large and I would much rather e-file!  What is even more crazy is my business partner's return (very similar to mine and done on the same TT Premier Desktop Program) with the 7206 form, went through e-file without issue!!! I sure hope they get this straightened out soon!

A question:  What date did your partner Efile?  

If you look back through this chain, see when the complaints started for the second time.  If partner efiled between Feb. 15 and that later time, it will help determine when TT messed it up again.

The problem is NOT with IRS.  The online version of TT works as do other major players.  The culprit is in TT programming.

We e-filed both my partner's and mine on 3/18/24.  His was filed just a few hours before mine.  That is why it makes no sense why his went through and not mine!

He also has self-employed insurance to deduct as an adjustment to income?  

If your returns are alike in that regard, I am out of ideas.

They are alike in that regard!  Do you still think it worth waiting till March 29?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies