Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Form 7206 cannot be efiled!

@DoninGA respectfully, posting the same link over and over to an old article is not really helpful.  It's there in the comments for people to see.

Jimbo20

The issue is still not resolved as of February 10, 2024 in the software version of Turbotax. I agree with other posts that it is unlikely the IRS would require every self employed business with health insurance to file paper copies of their return

Wisconsin

Well said...

@JR-ASA wrote:

@DoninGA respectfully, posting the same link over and over to an old article is not really helpful.  It's there in the comments for people to see.

Understand....However, we have found that less than 10% of the posters on an existing thread actually read any of the prior comments.

It is now Feb 10 10:00 CST - new TT update loaded - same error.  When using the desktop/Windows version of TT - there are no cache, browser, restart browser issues. Please start giving update info specific to the desktop version of Turbo Tax.

paulsa

This is still not working as of 2/10/24 cleared cache and cookies still does not work

This issue is still not resolved on February 10 at 10:30 a.m. I have updated the software on my computer and have cleared the cache. Still not able to efile with form 7206. Very frustrating and have wasted too much time on this issue.

While completely unacceptable - I was told by an employee of Intuit it should be resolved by Thursday next week.   I've lost 2 clients because of it who went elsewhere because they have software and forms  that actually work.   A simple form update SHOULD NOT take this long,  neither should software hold up filing because of it.      

And leave it to the IRS to change the game and require some IDIOTIC new form,  but not make the form available in time for people to early file.     The accounting  business is intensely frustrating some times.   

The bottom line is every day we wait to file for taxpayers receiving a refund means 2-3 times the delay at the IRS as returns flood in.    Thanks Intuit !! 

Thanks for the update! Intuit should be informing customers of this issue directly. Crazy that we should have to call/research online multiple times with no answers.

The zeroes on 1095-A autofill...

Also, it is my understanding that Self Employed individuals can only use marketplace insurance premiums that they paid for, and cannot include the Monthly Advanced Payment of Premium Tax Credit that the government paid.

IRS has not released final draft of instructions for filing Form 2706.  Instructions remain in DRAFT.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7206--dft.pdf 

That should not matter - and the zeroes to not matter either - we tried that - same result.  I believe the issue is that Intuit does not have the correct format form in their database - for that reason the software is choking on it.  When the form is updated, the issue should resolve.   Unfortunately , they are on the slow boat.  

IRS has not finalized filing instructions for Form 7206; TurboTax cannot apply the IRS e-filing code changes until the instructions are finalized.

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-dft/i7206--dft.pdf

@dontblaineme the final 7206 HAS been published by the IRS.  You can find it here:

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f7206.pdf

The fact that the old draft version URL is still live is irrelevant.   Please stop with the irrelevant link.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies