Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

simonejh

Form 2210AI; Qualified Dividends A Amt Where do I find that?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Qualified dividends are reported on Form 1099-DIV in box 1b.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Form 2210AI asks for qualified dividends by quarter.  Every 1099-DIV I've ever seen gives qualified dividend totals for the year.  So the 1099 numbers can't be used to fill out 2210AI.

Any suggestions on where qualified dividends by month or by quarter can be found or calculated?  I've seen one set of monthly statements that give qualified dividends, but others make no mention of them.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

I don't see anywhere that explicitly asks for qualified dividends on a quarterly basis on the 2210, instead, I see that the 2210AI asks for your Adjusted Gross Income per quarter on line 1 of the 2210AI. As you know, your qualified dividends go into your AGI.

For most taxpayers whose qualified dividends are modest at best, it would be sufficient to take your annual dividends and allocate them per "quarter" (yes, the quarters aren't exactly quarters).

If, however, you receive so much in qualified dividends that this amount is (1) not evenly distributed over the year, and (2) would make a significant difference on the 2210, then you are likely to be a large enough customer of the dividend payer to be able to contact their customer service department and ask for the actual dividends per month.

For most taxpayers, allocating the total dividends per "quarter" will be sufficient.

Make sense?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies