Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

form 2210 line 1

I was filing 1040x for 2018 now through turbotax and the generated 1040x had 2210 form attached to it for which line 1 entry as per IRS 2018 instruction says " If you file an amended return by the due date of your original return, use the amounts shown on your amended return to figure your underpayment. If you file an amended return after the due date, use the amounts shown on the original return." So in my case its after the due date of the original return, so line 1 should have entry of original 1040 return line 13 and not the ammended one. But to my surprise turbotax is wrongly taking the amended value? what should i do?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
Anonymous
Not applicable

form 2210 line 1

from what i can tell while a penalty amount will appear on the 1040, in TT it does not appear on the 1040-X.   suppress the 2210 or leave it.  on the 1040-x on the area  between lines 17 and 18 make sure that it reflects the overpayment without the penalties 

or if you owed, make sure the area between lines 15 and 16 reflects the payment without the penalty. 

by the way, the 2210 penalty only reflects an underpayment of estimated tax penalty through 4/15/19.  it does not include any late filing or late payment penalties if they apply

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies