We have a LLC partnership. Employees get paid through a payroll service and receive W2s. For our 2018 business tax filing, it says to "enter payroll taxes paid...for the entire year". Does that mean we report the actual total (employee withholdings plus employer taxes) or just the employer contribution/liability?
Salaries and payroll tax expense are entered as a farm expense on your 1065. To do this, please follow these steps:
- While in your return, click Federal Taxes > Farming.
- If you've already entered information on your farm you will see a screen, Farming Net Profit/Loss Summary. Click Edit
- On the screen, Your Farming Income and Expenses, click the Start/Update box next to Farm Expenses.
- Enter the salaries in Labor hired.
- Enter the employer's portion of payroll taxes under Taxes, licenses, and permits.