stratton-s

For the W2 input section should I put my new address or should I stay consistent with the W2? I put my new address in the Personal Info section.

I moved during 2017 but my W2 shows my prior address. I have put my correct address in the personal info section of Turbotax. For the W2 input section should I put my new address or should I stay consistent with the W2?

BMcCalpin

Go ahead and enter your W-2 exactly as you received it. It won't matter if the address is the prior one - it will at least match the one on the copy of the W-2 that the IRS received.

But in terms of the IRS knowing where you now live, they will key off of the new address in the Personal Info section, because that is what populates your information at the top of the 1040, 1040A, or 1014EZ.

0727boom

Should I put my current address in the W2 section or should I stay consistent with the W2
BMcCalpin

As I noted, stay consistent with the W-2. The IRS will still know where you have moved to...
BMcCalpin