turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

I accidentally imported some Crypto transactions twice, but can not find and option to delete the accidental imports. Any help!?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I accidentally imported some Crypto transactions twice, but can not find and option to delete the accidental imports. Any help!?

I am not sure if they updated the web application or not, however I think I have found a way to remove the transactions.  In the screen where you select which transactions are taxable, unselect all the transactions and proceed to the end of the Crypto wizard.  Once that was done today the transactions were all cleared out and I was able to start my import from the beginning.  

KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for sharing your resolution.
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

Following these steps does not provide any way to remove imported transactions. There is no way to delete imported cryptocurrency entries, only to modify them.  I can only remove transactions that are manually added.

This is a huge problem with TurboTax IMHO. I faced this issue, but, luckily, I didn't have many trades and I was able to manually un-check the duplicated transactions. I have a friend with ~1K trades facing this same problem, so this is a serious headache for him! Please provide functionality to "clear all previously imported transactions" from bitcoin.tax, etc.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies