laceybean1118

How do I claim my son? He only lived an hour after birth. I was told my Jackson Hewitt or something like that I can claim him

I have his social. He lived for a hour after birth.

Hal_Al

You enter him as a normal dependent. When asked how long he lived with you, you say all year. That is allowed, for your situation,  and does not constitute lying to the IRS. You will be allowed the child based credits

Hal_Al

Kat

Thank you, @Hal_Al.  Deleting my answer which was clearly erroneous.
*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
anhenry546

First, I'm so sorry for your loss! Bless your heart!  My 1st was born in September and I was also told to claim he lived with me all year even though it was only 3.5 months out of that year, it's definitely allowed as the above person said. Again I am sorry for your loss, your angel will forever be watching over you.
Kat

Deleted.