Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

1040 form?
Employee TurboTax Specialist

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

Filing with the 'Free Edition' of Turbo Tax is reserved for basic tax returns that have the following stipulations:

•Made less than $100,000
•Don't own a home or rental property
•Didn't sell investments
•Don't own a business or have 1099-MISC income
•Don't have any major medical expenses

Free Edition is for simple filers that file a 1040EZ (or a 1040A with a standard deduction), and is free as long as you don't select any add-ons or upgrades.

Every other version has its respective benefit and fee. Please see the link below that compares all versions.

https://turbotax.intuit.com/personal-taxes/online/

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

My son collected unemployment when he attended a trade school.  TurboTax indicated he would have to upgrade to Deluxe to process the 1099-G.  It would have cost him 29.99 to file and then another 39.99 to file state.  Went to H&R Block and filed free for both.  No more TurboTax for him.  

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

No it is NOT free! This is a LIE!!

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

Run away from the liberals of Turbo Tax and DON'T look back!!! File ANYWHERE else!!!!
"Customer Service" had me on hold for over 20 minutes (after explaining that they were not a "tax specialist" - why do you work at Turbo Tax again?), hung up on me, had me on hold AGAIN and then said that they passed on my info to a "real specialist" ... garbage!!!!

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

I agree with cdbkmbbrb132... After completing all the Federal information, IT read "Your adjusted gross income is more than $34,000, and you do not qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC).  Therefore it's NOT FREE. I grossed less than $40,000 so it appears it is false advertising.

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

I am just trying to recover my last tax return that I believe I filed and paid for for last years taxes tax year 2018.  I will try to sign in ... If you can respond to me with a link let me know...my file seems to be corrupted on my computer...that I saved as a PDF...

Karen

Is filing with turbo tax 2018 free?

You can access your prior year returns using the Documents tab in the navigation. 

When you sign in, make sure you're using the same TurboTax account (with the same username) as in 2018.

Select Documents from the navigation when it appears.

1. Use the drop-down menu at the top of the screen to choose the tax year you want
  2. Then select Download PDF.