Solved: Filing Rejected due to "error in turbotax software...

wadidadi

Filing Rejected due to "error in turbotax software" -- TT asked me to fix it, but the software error is still there. Schedule H. What do I do?

- Fed filing rejected due to Sched H error
- TT says, "Your filing was rejected. Filing rejected due to error in Turbotax software, we apologize." Asked me to go back in to Sched H and try again.
- Error is in Schedule H -- again, this is a TT software problem, not a user error. I figured they fixed the calc error. It's really easy.
- I agree with TT that TT is in error. SSA calcs on w-2 / w-3 that on $8250 of cash wages, should gross up to $8933 due to $683 of taxes (FICA plus medicare)
-- TT still calculates a number different than $683. So I don't want to "resend" the return in
- BOTTOM LINE -- Software error in TT still exists. So what do I do?

wadidadi

I was just on with two different TT reps -- one a tech rep, and one a CPA. (I am a CPA and EA.)

Tech rep found nothing amiss.

CPA rep basically agrees TT is not producing the right numbers. She said, "But they printed the software is fixed?!" I said, "That's probably just an auto-reply. It's not fixed."

MY SOLUTION -- TT was spitting out tax burden that was too high if you put gross wages in the boxes. I decided to submit with "too high taxes" -- wasn't a lot, $45. I hope Fed will accept. Maybe it is lost money but better to pay an extra $45 than to keep working on this.

The problem is if Feds reject this submission again... then TT actually does have to produce the right tax numbers in order for the online submission not to be rejected. Fingers crossed.

wadidadi

As additional info,

Turbotax is calculating $652 of FICA + medicare even after it told me to go back in.

But SSA (correctly) calculates it as $683.

Again, the combined tax rate is 7.65%. And it's 7.65% of $8933 gross wages that produces $683, and that results correctly in $8250 of cash wage payout. So TT remains in error.

The TT email on the Fed Tax rejection is this: "US_Schedule_H -- We've identified a potential issue in your federal tax return DUE TO AN ERROR IN OUR SOFTWARE." Which we agree with. But I need to get TT to say $683 and not $651, which it's saying right now.

She

Same just got rejected and it’s not correcting the error. Can I get a refund and File with somebody else this is ridiculous it keeps taking me back to the same error and I don’t know how to fix it they said sorry it’s our software made an error well they didn’t fix the software obviously so why shouldn’t I get my money back girl

wadidadi

Tech rep found nothing amiss.

wadidadi

Just to note, the post above is marked a solution but it is not a real solution. Turbotax is still in error.

Doug B

I have same problem

Line 14 of Schedule H - amount in Box 14 prints too far to the left leaving Box 14 empty.

Do you have the same issue or am I alone? 

Doug