zelendisc32a

Filing married joint, does both spouses file their taxes in their own turbo tax account? (submit twice)

Hello, I am in the process of filing married joint for this year taxes. But I was wondering, does my husband have to file on his own turbo tax account as well for this year tax return? Or does me filing in married joint taxes causes both of our tax return be processed in at the same time, therefore my husband does not need to do anything else on his end (he does not need to file under his turbo tax account) ?

When  you file a joint return, you prepare ONE tax return for the two of you.  You put ALL of your incomes, all of your deductions/credits/ dependents-- EVERTYTHING-- on that one return.  So no, your spouse should not prepare his own return.