Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mlsg50

Filed an extension for myself and husband ,only his info showed on the extension. will they know that I am also filing an extension, or do I send in one too. we file mfj

how do I fix this problem. turbo tax as already sent out the extension but its pending

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

Filed an extension for myself and husband ,only his info showed on the extension. will they know that I am also filing an extension, or do I send in one too. we file mfj

As long as you are filing jointly, it is okay if the Spouse information isn't included on Form 4868.  However, if there is a chance you may file separately, the spouse should file an extension of their own.  

To do so, you can create an additional TurboTax account for the spouse (just for the purposes of filing an extension).

The information below will help you create a new TurboTax Online account and file another extension.

Alternatively, you can download and print Form 4868 from the IRS Website.

[Edited 4/12/2019 | 12:25 PM EST]

View solution in original post

1 Reply
Rachel_W
Expert Alumni

As long as you are filing jointly, it is okay if the Spouse information isn't included on Form 4868.  However, if there is a chance you may file separately, the spouse should file an extension of their own.  

To do so, you can create an additional TurboTax account for the spouse (just for the purposes of filing an extension).

The information below will help you create a new TurboTax Online account and file another extension.

Alternatively, you can download and print Form 4868 from the IRS Website.

[Edited 4/12/2019 | 12:25 PM EST]

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies