terryhertz

File State tax forms too? At 71 I make less than req to file Fed but will do the Fed, because I raise my granddaughter, n want to avail the extra $500 stimulus?

Also...IF I had or decided to note any wage type cash earnings in last year, would that be a good idea, as I could then perhaps avail of the income earned tax credit? Based on any required  taxes on such, would it be worth it?
AmyC

If I were you, I would use the FreeFile program and see what you get.  Some earnings from work would go towards the Earned Income Credit. You would also have the dependent credit. I imagine it would be worthwhile.

If you don't need to file, don't finish it. You could then switch to our zero program for non-filers if desired.

fanfare

if you're going to file, don't file a false tax return.

We're all on the honor system here.