Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

Dude I did just that and my return got accepted! Still pretty bad on TT end confusing people that something went wrong with the return in the first place, oh and worse, that they said they cannot e-file it at the time. That's very bad and I hope most people decided to just re-file it and see what happens lol! I might have to do that next year if I still decide to file with TT and still presents problems. Hopefully they will fix their bugs.

Apav848

My return was rejected because of my Form 8962 I was told there was a processing error and I will have to wait until 2/3/2022 to refile. Is this error due to turbotax?

Mine has been rejected 8 times thru turbo tax its a error on turbo taxs end major software glitch . I spoke with a supervisor she tried walking me thru again we did it together, we got off phone she said shell keep a eye out for me, and it got rejected 8 times already. For code 8962 theres a way around it but have to pay for deluxe edition which is bullcrap!! Major software glitch on turbo tax end and they are just denying it!!

sh82
Returning Member

You have to create bogus forms 8962 and 1095A  “Affordable Care Act”(Deductions and Credits). Follow the steps below:

Part 1

BOX 1 Market identifier (enter  9 zeros)

BoX 2 Policy number (enter 15 zeros) 

Part 111 (  21.January   Enter 1.00 in all 3 boxes. This is done for January ONLY)

Ignore next pages and Press "Continue" until you get back to the "Deductions and Credits" screen.  This will create the for 8962 and 1095A

sh82
Returning Member

I’m on Social Security and don’t have Affordable Care Act insurance. This is a TT software error. You have to create bogus forms 8962 and 1095A  “Affordable Care Act”(Deductions and Credits). Follow the steps below:

Part 1

BOX 1 Market identifier (enter  9 zeros)

BoX 2 Policy number (enter 15 zeros) 

Part 111 (  21.January   Enter 1.00 in all 3 boxes. This is done for January ONLY)

Ignore next pages and Press "Continue" until you get back to the "Deductions and Credits" screen. 

Fishsunny

My electronic file was also rejected for the same error message. I called the IRS. The information on the form is correct. What is TurboTax doing about the rejected files?

amylili72

The link provided has nothing to do with the problem being addressed in this thread.

I've read many answers to the following reject code, which sound exactly like the situation I am having, however many replies state that the problem should have been fixed by February 2022.  I filed in March and it was still rejected.  How do I fix this?

bakalily

I’m getting the F8962-070 - The e-File database indicates that Form 8962 or a binary attachment with description containing "ACA Explanation" must be present in the return. After first rejection, I reinstalled Turbo Tax and visited the 1095-A section. I don’t even have a 1095-A. It is still rejected the second time. Please fix this ASAP!

TB165
Returning Member

Got a different rejection code F8962-300. All information entered 100% correctly per mountains if instructions and personal help from TurboTax who did screen share.  Guess what.....Rejection again for the sixth time. I even see visible errors in Turbotax's calcs but can't edit Form 8962 in Turbotax. Now I have to file by paper which is annoying. 

Just calling out to TurboTax.....you have an unresolved calculation and form completion issue(s) and errors in the feed between 1095-A and Form 8962. Data is being fed into the wrong lines and some calcs are inaccurate. This involves the Part V alternative calculation on Form 8962.

4b0fc0705

Does turbo tax have a copy of my 2022 w2 on file

4b0fc0705

Does TurboTax have a copy of my W2 from 202

@4b0fc0705 I NEED A COPY OF MY W-2  (or 1099)

TurboTax does not have a copy of your W-2—the Wage & Tax Statement—issued to you by your employer, (nor does TurboTax have copies of your 1099’s).   You should always save those documents for your own records. You could ask the employer(s) for copies or you can get a copy from Social Security (for a fee of $90).

To get a copy of a W-2 from Social Security https://faq.ssa.gov/en-us/Topic/article/KA-02501

https://www.irs.gov/help-resources/tools-faqs/faqs-for-individuals/frequently-asked-tax-questions-an...

If you saved a pdf of your completed tax return, the worksheets will show the W-2 information you entered, but not the actual W-2.

You can get a wage and income transcript from the IRS:  It will not show the actual W-2, 1099’s, etc, but will show the income information the IRS received.  It will not, however, show your state information. It will only show the federal information.

https://www.irs.gov/individuals/get-transcript

Or you can pay the IRS $43 for an actual copy of your tax return which will include copies of your W-2’s     

https://www.irs.gov/pub/irs-pdf/f4506.pdf 

https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/2561916-how-can-i-get-a-copy-of-my-w-2

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

I got the same rejection code but I did forget to put our 8962 info in and its corrected but turbo tax will not let me re-file. It says my federal and state are pending. The IRS shows no sign of any return being submitted and I keep getting the run around from turbo tax. I was on the phone one day for 2 hours and 48 minutes. I am beyond livid. It's like they are holding our taxes hostage. It just needs refiled but no option to do it.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies