FBAR and Schedule B
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

FBAR and Schedule B


I have a foreign account with over $10k and I reported the $100 interest on it as if it was a 1099-INT. But I never completed a Schedule B or FBAR, until today until I read about it.

Do I have to amend my previous years return just to check "yes" and file a Schedule B? I already reported the foreign interest in those years. If so, how many years do I have to amend?


1 Reply
Employee Tax Expert

FBAR and Schedule B

See the IRS link to file previous years FBAR ath this link:  FBAR 


Yes, you should amend to file the schedule B form. Amend directions here: How to amend (change or correct) a return you already filed



**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Privacy Settings