or and start working on your taxes
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
F2
Returning Member

failed e-file validation

Final review checked for updates - all up to date. Submitted e-file return. Validation failed - message -need to update prior to filing.
4 Replies
Cass0317
Intuit Alumni

failed e-file validation

Yes, the program is indicating it is not acknowledging that you have updated. 

Please click the below link. This was updated 4 days ago and has the latest federal update: Manually update TurboTax for Windows Software (Basic, Deluxe, Premier, Home & Business)

kman916
Returning Member

failed e-file validation

Not using windows, but an Imac. getting message validation failed, tax program update required. no updates available.

EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

failed e-file validation

@kman916 here are some MAC update troubleshooting steps: MAC updates

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kman916
Returning Member

failed e-file validation

It turns out that the message itself was the problem.  The message just said 'the tax program needs to be updated'. When I checked for updates it said I was up to date. The real problem was turbotax had updates, but couldn’t apply them without me first having to install updates to ios on the Imac. After I installed available updates to the ios, then started turbotax, the updates became available, and were noted as ‘very important’. Whille this was true, the lanquage in the error message could have said  ‘ we have imprtant updates to install, but need you to update your operating system’.  After completing the above updates, it worked fine.

Dynamic AdsDynamic Ads
Privacy Settings
v