Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

fogger82

Excess deferral to 401k for 2019 taxes

I missed the 4/15 deadline for reimbursement, and did not include that excess as income when I filed.  Will I need to file an amended 1040?

Yes you do need to amend. 

I have the 1099R and sent a copy into the IRS.  The 1099R was form MidAmerica 401, gross distribution 5000 with box 4 showing 1000 in Fed income tax withheld and that 1000 is almost exactly they need to balance what they say I am short.

My 1040 shows 8,614 but reported by others is 7,612.  the CP2000 shows that they are missing this 1099.  Do I have to amend this and how?

I explained the possible lost 1000 somehow on the 1040 and mailed a copy to them as they requested, their response was:  "Before we can resolve this matter, we need to process all of your information.  We'll send you our complete response within 90 days.  We don't need any further information from you right now."  This is 2 - 90 + days now and they are charging me interest.  I'm not understanding your tax vocabulary, but it's rather obvious to me that they don't have this particular 1099.  If I send the 1002 in plus interest will I ever get it returned if I am right

Call the number on the notice they just sent and let them know you have already addressed this issue so the billing can be put on hold until they get to your response.  

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies