Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Enter the amount from 1099-INT Box 1, 3 or 8 for Untitled. Why are we receiving this? there is no Untitled 1099-INT we have entered everything

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Enter the amount from 1099-INT Box 1, 3 or 8 for Untitled. Why are we receiving this? there is no Untitled 1099-INT we have entered everything

NOTE:  This answer is for the Online version.

A few users have reported seeing the program generate an untitled 1099-INT, but the reason is not clear.  Perhaps one went to that screen but didn't actually finishing a 1099-INT.  

When you go to the 1099-INT interview again, you should see a 1099-INT Summary screen.  Is the untitled 1099-INT listed there with the other 2 banks?  If so, there should be a delete button.    But it may not show up there.

So if it doesn't show up there, or if it refuses to be deleted that way, here are some things to do.

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "Delete a form."
  • Find the untitled 1099-INT.  It will probably say something like "Schedule B -  Form 1099-INT (untitled.)." 
  • Delete that form, and then see if the 1099-INT (untitled) is gone.
  • If you continue to get the error, then go back to "Delete a form" and delete the entire Schedule B which will delete all of its subforms.   That unfortunately means re-entering your other Schedule B items (interest/dividends, etc. on 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc.).
NOTE:  It's also possible that in "Delete a form" that you may not see a listing for the "Schedule B- Form 1099-INT (untitled.)"  In that case you can delete the actual Schedule B to reset it.  That will remove Schedule B and all it's subforms.  You will then have to re-enter all the Schedule B entries again.

View solution in original post

13 Replies
Anita01

Have you actually looked at the 1099-INT summary to look  for an untitled entry?  Enter 1099-INT in the Find window on the upper right to get back tot hat section

I looked at the summary and it says untitled and when I go back to the income section and select the 1099-INT its not listed as an item.

I just put $0

I have the same "verfication" question that doesnt' exist for "untitled" in my 1099-int list.  I'll try putting 0.

@bigscout79
I left some info below on how to get rid of the reference to the untitled 1099-INT.   It will tell you a special way to delete it, and if still crops up again after that, how you can delete the entire Schedule B and re-enter your other Schedule B items.

NOTE:  This answer is for the Online version.

A few users have reported seeing the program generate an untitled 1099-INT, but the reason is not clear.  Perhaps one went to that screen but didn't actually finishing a 1099-INT.  

When you go to the 1099-INT interview again, you should see a 1099-INT Summary screen.  Is the untitled 1099-INT listed there with the other 2 banks?  If so, there should be a delete button.    But it may not show up there.

So if it doesn't show up there, or if it refuses to be deleted that way, here are some things to do.

• With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS.
  • In the Tools window, choose "Delete a form."
  • Find the untitled 1099-INT.  It will probably say something like "Schedule B -  Form 1099-INT (untitled.)." 
  • Delete that form, and then see if the 1099-INT (untitled) is gone.
  • If you continue to get the error, then go back to "Delete a form" and delete the entire Schedule B which will delete all of its subforms.   That unfortunately means re-entering your other Schedule B items (interest/dividends, etc. on 1099-INT, 1099-DIV, 1099-OID, interest from a K-1, etc.).
NOTE:  It's also possible that in "Delete a form" that you may not see a listing for the "Schedule B- Form 1099-INT (untitled.)"  In that case you can delete the actual Schedule B to reset it.  That will remove Schedule B and all it's subforms.  You will then have to re-enter all the Schedule B entries again.
Anita01

If you still see the Untitled 1099-INT in the summary, you should be able to Delete from the Summary.  I don't believe a zero is acceptable , and you might see this error again when you run the error check or try to e-file.  if so, return to the summary and delete this one from the ones showing in the summary.  Delete shows over to the right of the Summary.

james_explains
Returning Member

even if you delete the 1099-INT item from your Federal summary, the question still remains. TT still prompts you with this "action required", to enter information that doesn't pertain to the user.

it looks like this: if you ever intended on entering 1099-INT information in to your return, but then later realized that you never made more than $10 in interest from any of your bank accounts, etc., and then you try to REMOVE the item from your tax return summary, then it will go away in your summary, sure. BUT there's still a flaw in the TT software that makes it so that it keeps thinking that the user needs to complete this "to-do list" action of "Enter the amount from 1099-INT Box 1, 3 or 8 for Untitled", even though the user already deleted it from the Federal Summary, and it's N/A (not applicable) to the user.

@jssakai
See the additional answer I left on this page.   It will tell you a special way to delete it, and if still crops up again after that, how you can delete the entire Schedule B and re-enter your other Schedule B items.
bearbuck

Can someone clarify this suggestion.   "With your return open, click in the left menu column on TAX TOOLS, then TOOLS."   I don't see any drop downs on the left side of the TT program on any of the menus.  

@bearbuck
I'll post you a screen image.  I can't post one in a comment, so I'll add it to my answer above.

Also, the threadowner is using Online TurboTax.  I don't know what product you are using.  If you are using desktop  TurboTax (CD/download), then the resolution steps in this thread won't apply to that version.   Or if you are using the Mobile App, then you may have to expand something or swipe to see the full menu.

If you are using Online TurboTax, you should be able to see the left menu column on every screen, but the return has to be open first for the TAX TOOLS option.   See the screen image I posted in my answer above.
dnwebb96

For a student to claim the AOC you must have tax form 8863 filled out for that student. You should be able to go into Tax Tools in left hand menu, choose 'Tools' choose 'delete a form' and scroll down to where that page of an 8863 is listed for that particular student. Delete that form and you delete the credit.

I'm not sure why you are posting that here.   That has nothing to do at all with this thread.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies