Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43) I receive this message installing TTax for Mac.

DL'd TTax Home BUsiness.  Install fails with above error message. Solution?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The operation can’t be completed because one or more required items can’t be found. (Error code -43) I receive this message installing TTax for Mac.

Error code -43 is related to a file system problem, but it could be your hard drive or the CD.

Start by closing all other applications and open Disk Utility in your Applications folder, and run First Aid on your hard drive.  If that runs ok, or says there are errors but fixes them, then try and install again.  If you still have a problem, then the CD is bad and you will need to exchange it for a replacement at the point of purchase.  If First Aid indicates a problem with your hard drive you will need to see the Apple Store or a replace shop of some kind.

View solution in original post

2 Replies

Error code -43 is related to a file system problem, but it could be your hard drive or the CD.

Start by closing all other applications and open Disk Utility in your Applications folder, and run First Aid on your hard drive.  If that runs ok, or says there are errors but fixes them, then try and install again.  If you still have a problem, then the CD is bad and you will need to exchange it for a replacement at the point of purchase.  If First Aid indicates a problem with your hard drive you will need to see the Apple Store or a replace shop of some kind.

It wasn't a CD...it was a downloaded version.  I found that an active password generating program was interfering with the file extraction.  I rebooted the machine and didn't load the offending program (Dashlane).  It worked perfectly after.  Thank you.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies