Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

angieq327
Returning Member

error code 119

I filed 2023 return for my deceased daughter. I need to file an amended return for the Fed. Since the original return was on her computer, I saved it to a jump drive and brought it to my computer. When I tried to open it I got the error code 119. I saw some suggestions about checking the state. She had started the return and had added another state, which she wouldn't have needed. I purchased that state but I'm still getting the error code.  Now what? Would it be easier if I just start a new return on my own computer copying her original?

Thanks for any and all help.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

error code 119

Are you trying to access from the flash drive?  The file needs to be on the same drive as the TurboTax program.  You cannot access from any other drive.

angieq327
Returning Member

error code 119

Yes I have it on the jump drive. I never thought it would be a problem. Ok so I'm guessing that it would be easier if I just start a new return and then start the amended return. Now I'm wondering if Turbo Tax will issue me a refund for the 2nd state I purchased since I really don't need it.

Thanks for your help

error code 119

If you move the file to the same drive as the program it should be fine.  Seems a lot easier than starting over.  Contact support about a refund.  Should not be a problem to get one.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies