turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

cobhc_log

Employed FT in the US but worked for total of 2.5 months in Japan (paid no Japan taxes). These were included on my W-2. Should I deduct and enter these wages elsewhere?

I am employed full time in the US, but I took 2 business trips totaling to 2 months of working in Japan. I paid no Japan taxes. I was still paid in USD. The wages I earned in Japan were included on my W-2. Should I deduct these wages from box 1 of my W-2 and enter them somewhere else on Turbo Tax to accurately file my taxes? Where on Turbo Tax should I enter these wages?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

Employed FT in the US but worked for total of 2.5 months in Japan (paid no Japan taxes). These were included on my W-2. Should I deduct and enter these wages elsewhere?

You can just enter the information as it is entered on the W2.  There are instances where the income can be reported by the US company as US wages under specific conditions (like the temporary work assignment).  You do not have to change or report the income elsewhere.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

1 Reply

You can just enter the information as it is entered on the W2.  There are instances where the income can be reported by the US company as US wages under specific conditions (like the temporary work assignment).  You do not have to change or report the income elsewhere.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies