Solved: Employed FT in the US but worked for total of 2.5 months in Japan (paid no Japan taxes). These were included on my W-2. Should I deduct and enter these wages elsewhere?

cobhc_log

Employed FT in the US but worked for total of 2.5 months in Japan (paid no Japan taxes). These were included on my W-2. Should I deduct and enter these wages elsewhere?

I am employed full time in the US, but I took 2 business trips totaling to 2 months of working in Japan. I paid no Japan taxes. I was still paid in USD. The wages I earned in Japan were included on my W-2. Should I deduct these wages from box 1 of my W-2 and enter them somewhere else on Turbo Tax to accurately file my taxes? Where on Turbo Tax should I enter these wages?

MaryK1

You can just enter the information as it is entered on the W2.  There are instances where the income can be reported by the US company as US wages under specific conditions (like the temporary work assignment).  You do not have to change or report the income elsewhere.

MaryK1