ezyed

electronic filing

For the second year in a row I have been unable to file electronically. Last year it was because of the IRS PIN. I thought I had solved that issue bit it happened again this year. once I retrieved to PIN the return was rejected because it said my spouse's AGI was incorrect even though I filed a joint return . The help feature in Turbo Tax said to enter the AGI from last year as my spouses AGI. I did that and verified it was correct and it still rejected.How does this get fixed.It appears to be an IRS issue but there is nobody at the IRS to speak to.

KathrynG3

electronic filing

If you are filing married filing jointly, the AGI for taxpayer and spouse is the 2019 AGI.

It appears that the reference is to the IP PIN, not the self-selected PIN

Try accessing your return on a Windows 10 PC using a Chrome incognito browser and use the IRS transcript 2019 AGI.

For more information, see: What if I entered the correct AGI and I’m still getting an e-file reject?

ezyed

electronic filing

I entered the correct AGI and the PIN was retrieved from the IRS.The message back with the rejection was thast the Agi did not match. I submitted my return thru the U S mail. This is ridiculous.